Nov 1, 2011

Sneak peek of works for "Be Still", a group exhibit

Best Blogger Tips
Before my trip to Davao on Oct 19.2011 for a close friend's wedding, I got messaged by Rachel (a high school batch mate and good friend) who hooked me up with two of her artist friends in the city who were setting up an exhibit. I was told by Xander (a resident artist for Gallery Big who is setting it up) that previous small works can be exhibited since the theme is open. However I didn't have small works (and my smaller works wouldn't sink in well with my thoughts of it being displayed on this show which may not be aligned with the title of the exhibit) so in Davao I started to build concepts for the three pieces I'll have in the show and started to work on them the week I got back. Here are some pictures of them unfinished.



Even if the theme is open for the exhibit, I decided to work on pieces that can fit the title "Be Still". My attempt for my pieces is to have the viewer feel uneasy with these subjects that are "still", which makes them want to use, go to, or just touch them. I felt really uneasy on the first piece after I viewed it 2 days ago. If it worked on me, I hope it works for the audience!

Save the date for the exhibit! It's on November 8(the opening may change since there were some last minute things that we got word of)  November 9and will run up to November 18 at the Enterprise Building, Ayala Avenue. See you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...