Nov 3, 2011

Revisiting Some Old Works of a Show that was to happen

Best Blogger Tips
On my last year in Silliman University (2003), there was a plan that I would have a small exhibit in the College of Business Administration building (which was pretty new then). But because of several other activities and having to finish school projects, I backed out since there was too much at stake. I had several feasibility studies lined up and exams. I finished only half of the set I was planning. Here's a short glimpse of what those works were:



Carousel
Oil on Canvas
48x36 inches (4x3 feet)





















Back then you'll notice I love bright colors and outlines and dashes around the outlines. I was thinking about having to go around in circles while everyone is watching just like how a carousel works.

No One is Watching (2)
Oil on Canvas
48x48 inches (4x4 feet)

















  No One is Watching (3)
Oil on Canvas
48x48 inches (4x4 feet)
No One is Watching (1)
Oil on Canvas
24x24 inches (2x2 feet)




With the No One is Watching set, you can say I was feeling a bit lonely and wished I had a partner. Long walks in different places without having anyone around to bother.

Housebroken
Oil on Canvas
36x36 inches (3x3 feet)











I painted a cat outside a window looking thru a room that was filled with toys and other children items. You can still see how much I loved using bright solid colors. Forgive this shot, it's the best photo I was able to dig up from all the files I've had.

All these paintings are somewhere in Dumaguete and I don't know what happened to them. Probably stocked somewhere since my grandmother's house was converted into a dormitory.

Maybe after a few years when I have the thought of revisiting my old style, I'll make a new set for this.

If you have any whereabouts on these pieces, kindly inform me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...