Nov 1, 2011

February 2003 Exhibit

Best Blogger Tips
For heart's month of 2003, the art organization I was part of in my school, Silliman University, we decided to go with the basic theme of love. I had two pieces exhibited. The venue held was at the Arts and Sciences building.

Trouble
Acrylic on Canvas
90x90cm















Yakap (Embrace)
90x90cm
Acrylic on Canvas



















I got my inspiration for the first piece from the Coldplay song "Trouble". The three stars represent me and my siblings. I made them and the clouds (where clouds represent struggles) held by strings from the sky where we glide pass them.

The second piece "Yakap" presents two female figures holding each other. Fiery with love, lust, desire, passion.

Here you can still see the dashes and some outlines, where I experimented on etching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...