Nov 2, 2011

Separation Anxiety (Breadwinner+Dating Hari ng Daan)

Best Blogger Tips
I have that problem. I have a hard time letting go of things and the sort. Who doesn't? I do know of a friend who can easily let go of things as he mentioned that from a trip back from college to home he had two large luggage and went home with just one as he passed things around. But if I'm not mistaken, even the luggage he brought home had half the contents.

It is easier to let go of something when you know it's already gone. I have let go some of my paintings and things I left in Dumaguete and Tacloban and I doubt to ever see them again but I've embraced the fact that they are gone (and if they do appear then very good). I lost my parents when I was young and it took me 9 months to get (sort of) over it where every night I would cry (it's worse to lose loved ones than things).

This time, I’m letting go of two paintings. Well, it’s a good thing that I’m earning from it. If I were rich I wouldn't let go of them. I'd have a museum made for them.
Today, I varnished two120x90cm paintings. Breadwinner and Dating Hari ng Daan (Former King of the Road). I made these paintings in the early part of the year on my transition of style in the sense.

Here are some pictures before I varnished them.


















I pray and hope that the buyers will take good care of these and will be very happy on having them on their wall.



Breadwinner
120x90cm
Acrylic on Canvas













On my way to a mall, I noticed a kid who was brave enough to cling on (or what we call in the vernacular "sabit") on a jeepney. I've heard a lot of stories that these youngsters tend to be the breadwinners of the family. I tried to place on canvas how frail the figure is yet hopeful and brave. Though there was enough space inside the jeep, the youngling decides to "sabit", who I think would rather show how adventurous he is.


Dating Hari ng Daan (Former King of the Road)
 120x90cm
 Acrylic on Canvas












Back in the day (as so I was told), the mode of transportation here in the Philippines flourished with Kalesa's (Carriage). Here's a take I had where we have the kalesa in a city filled with jeepneys.

This time around, my separation anxiety is exchanged with excitement. Selling means more art materials and more materials means more future art work to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...