Dec 12, 2011

Pinoy Print Makers + Regalo Art Exhibit

Best Blogger Tips
I got to meet the folks behind the Pinoy Print Makers. They are wonderful people and their art is amazing. I first encountered their prints in Absence (art exhibit) at the Manila Contemporary. Printmaking wasn't much of an interest to me back then, most likely because of my lack of technical know how on the medium, but after the lecture I attended which was facilitated by Ambie Abiano with several artists who were demonstrating the process such as Benjamin Turado Cabrera (the cousin of BenCab) and Angelo Magno, it got my interest in trying out the intricate process of creating one.  I was invited by Ambie to visit their studio.




a 100 year old Printing press


the view of Roxas Boulevard at the studio


On the same night, Ambie and Ben had some works on display at the Avellano Gallery for the exhibit Regalo in Pasay so we headed to the exhibit launch. The compound where you can find Avellano Gallery gave a dreamlike experience to me since it didn't feel like was in Pasay which is so busy. The compound had several old American houses and some of the houses resided artists, other galleries and the sort. Congratulations to Ambie, Ben, and the other participating artists of the show!
Avellano Art Gallery
Ben with his works
Ambie and her works










you can like the Pinoy Printmakers page in Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...