Dec 15, 2011

I'm one of the 200!

Best Blogger Tips
The commute to SM North from Mandaluyong was relaxing. I've been indoors too long that a little fresh air (is there such a thing in Manila?) was needed. I dared not to take the MRT since the trains are packed at 5pm-6pm. Plus I love bus rides.

Other works of participating artists




I headed north watching the commuters from my bus window carrying their usual baggage while others had plastic and paper bags from Christmas shopping. With me was a painting I prepared for an exhibit that's organized by Masters Art Trend Gallery where they will feature 200 artists and I'm one of them!:)  I still have to figure out when the launch will be (January 7? or was it 8?). Got of at the mall's unloading area and up to this day I still don't understand why there's just too many people in SM North. It was also hard to find the gallery since I'm not familiar with the mall's floor plan. After several minutes I found the gallery and made some small talk with the gallery secretary then Weng arrived. After we finished signing some papers, Weng and I had dinner and talked about our future exhibits that you guys are invited to attend! A big thanks to my good friend Ramon (with the help of wifi at the mall so I could log in on Gtalk) for coordinating with Weng since my telcom provider is messed up. :-S

Almost 10pm, the population of MRT commuters has dropped at least 50% so I took it and dropped at Ortigas station then walked along ADB drive and Shaw blvd. I love long walks since it also helps clear my thoughts. The moon looked huge and prettier than usual which made me enjoy my walk even more.

Feels great to be part of the 200. That's a high for me today even if there are other things that get me worried.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to have you guys drop by the launch and I'll update this post with the dates!I submitted my Sirao painting for this exhibit.

Here are some photos on my visit at Masters Art Trend Gallery at the Interior Zone of SM North


A Ronald Castrilo sculpture

Weng and her painting!

another Ronald Castrillo scuplture

Jim Serato's work. He owns the gallery

I forgot who made this but I think it was Jim's.

On my way home, that white blip is the moon. Pretty larger than usual

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...