Nov 9, 2011

Fear(less)ed

Best Blogger Tips



It was interesting today. I was all hyped up to get to the launch of an exhibit, prepped snacks and treats for the cocktails, left early to get to the venue to make sure things are all in place and to help out in case there's anything that needs to be done to get the show as awesome as it should be. Was happy that I could wear my more decent looking clothes since today was an important day, sprayed more cologne than the usual, avoided slouching, and smiled more.


Met a lot of good people today: new and old. Shared a few jokes and thoughts. You can say I was comfortable and confident.

There are many stories of bravery that show the glory of God by having faith in Him: the story of Jesus calming the sea (Mark 4), Jesus and the Jairus story (Mark 5), David and Goliath, Joseph the dreamer (he was brave to tell his brothers of his dreams hehe) and all the other stories you can find of men and women who took the leap of faith.

Toss me any problem and I will hug it out. Tell me it's impossible to make it and if I stay and win all good and if I fail I laugh and get up. However, with all that tough- macho - brute - reckless - crazy - stubborn - I don't care - characteristics I've become: I am a coward when it comes to my heart. The people I love the most are the people I fear the most in being expressive.  I'm brave to prepare and give. But I'm afraid to face. I am a total dunce when it comes to my own heart. I rush out immediately when I don't know what to do or if I think there are barriers when there's even the slightest opportunity to try and make that special someone's day maybe more special by just probably even saying goodbye, thinking that there is always another day to fight. There may be other days to fight, but what if today was the last day?

I wish I could go out and do what others can. I know I will get there, but I have to be braver. And I need to have more faith with God. And I need to remember some verses whenever I am afraid (when it comes to the heart or with any other obstacle).

1 John 4:18 - There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

Psalm 23

 1 The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
 3 he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
   for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk
   through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
   for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
   they comfort me.
 5 You prepare a table before me
   in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
   my cup overflows.
6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
   all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
   forever.

All fear will be gone once I am in full circle of understanding God’s love. 

Lord, make us stronger. Braver. For your glory alone. Teach our hearts to remember that you are there and all we need is to have faith.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...