Nov 15, 2011

Burning the Evidence + Neighborhood Skyline

Best Blogger Tips
I wouldn't know if I don't try. That has been the main personal topic I converse myself with these past few months.

Lately I've been thinking about trying some ideas that have been running in my head for some time, and I think I'm beginning to like it.

A few months back I started sketching some ideas on my pad then worked on some studies but with other paintings to finish I placed them on hold. Yesterday I was stocking some paintings and dismantled some stretchers and in the process I got several blisters on my right hand plus there were parts that felt bruised. But I was itching to paint. Plus I wanted to make a painting for my new room (or make a headboard).  Restless and all, I decided to use my last 3x4ft canvas and started to try what I've placed on my pad to see how it would go. Here's the result:

Burning the Evidence
122x95cm
Acrylic on Canvas
















I was pretty satisfied with the outcome and I'll work on the series once I get more materials.

I just loved how the painting came out, then that inner voice wouldn't stop bugging me that I have two smaller canvas' around... so I painted two more paintings (even if I didn't want to use my studies... I won't consider these as final but as studies for larger canvas)

Neighborhood Skyline
40x48 cm
Acrylic on Canvas
















Neighborhood Skyline
45x60cm
Acrylic on Canvas

















It is true that you wouldn't know if you don't give it a try.

Now, I'm tired but happy I got to try it out and paint these!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...