Oct 25, 2013

a devotional i wrote when i got lost in sg

Best Blogger Tips


So in every journey we at times get lost. And here's what i wrote



Hello there!
>
> My sincere apologies for not sending my devotion for some time now. So much is going on and I am grateful that I have found the time to compose this!
>
> For today's pandesal, I will share an experience that I had last week.
>
> On the day I was going to fly back home from the art event I was part of, I decided to look around the shops of the city before I pick up my luggage at the hotel.  As I reached the city, the sky all of a sudden was filled with clouds. Then it rained really hard. I thought to myself "Well, it's not a problem, I can always take a cab back to the hotel and I brought with me my jacket."  So I walked around, took some pictures, and sort of got lost which was fun. Even with the heavy rain and clouds, the day looked bright. Then I remembered the sun sets at 7pm.  And it was 630pm. I had to be at the airport by 9pm. So I looked for the line where you can ride a taxi but the queue was too long. I went to the MRT but it was filled with people. With two hours left, I decided to walk to any area where I wouldn't be competiting for a cab, and if that fails I can walk to the hotel. I walked in the rain, and trusted my gut. While walking, tired, drenched, all I could think of was a specialty shop I wanted to visit, and the looming dread of missing my flight. I also thought that the situation I was in was funny, and depressing at the same time. I was getting farther from familiar places and the rain wasn't stopping. During the walk, which wasn't like my regular night walks since I felt lost (I was but my gut was saying no you're not), I did one of the things I do when I walk: I prayed. As I conversed with God,  things started to open up to me and here are the points that got me:
>
> There's always enough to meet our needs. - There may be times I felt as if lacked on something, but today, or the now, this moment,  is a testament that whatever I needed yesterday was met
>
> God answers prayers - I prayed for this trip. I got there. My paintings were displayed. I wanted an experience (and an adventure which I totallly got)
>
> God is with me - and if God is with me, what's there to worry about?
>
> 8pm, the rain died. I saw a more familiar place that I know had an abundance of taxi cabs, hailed one and flew straight to the specialty shop, dropped by a nearby McDonalds for a double quarter pounder with cheese (don't judge me, I needed comfort food), ran to the hotel, freshened up, left for the airport, and with all of that done, I made it at 9pm for check-in.
>

> As I waited in the airport for my flight. questions such as "What if I really got lost? What if I didn't have enough money? What if I didn't make it on time for the shop? What if I missed my flight? " and all the what if's I could think of came up. Then I remembered:
>
> There's always enough to meet my needs at the moment. He will answer my prayers according to His will. And He is always with me.
>
> Good mornight and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...