Feb 20, 2012

I'm not exempted :p

Best Blogger Tips


I should've placed "Reserved"
I’m happy to have slept six hours (which was done thru an “installment” basis) yesterday however what’s keeping me up now is a funky tummy.


I was thinking about what I had eaten for the day. So I had salad, crackers (+strawberry jam), and coffee. I’ve been on that diet for 3 weeks (and on occasion meat and donuts) but doubted that it would get me feeling like this. Then I remembered yesterday’s lunch (which was a lot so I skipped dinner). Then I remembered what happened during lunch.

My brother in law and sister picked me up from Greenbelt to have lunch with them, the in-laws, and some close friends.

The lunch was great, it was Korean and we had some spicy dishes. There was chicken, fish, rice, noodles, soup, a cinnamon ginger drink, beef, some egg dish, squid, and other tiny dishes. After lunch was done and with everyone about to part ways, my father in law (I suppose that is the correct technical term to call him since he’s the dad of my brother in law) who is a preacher prayed for the group.

The prayer revolved around the blessings for the couples on the table. It was lovely to hear a prayer like that since I’ve never, well, “witnessed” such a prayer. The close friends of my brother in law and sister have been married for I think 4 years and they don’t have a baby yet. I’m not sure why they don’t have one, but who knows what their plans (or most importantly what God’s plan for them) are. My father in law being excited about my sister and bro in law announced that the relatives should drop by sometime November to expect a baby from them (though it seems impossible and they pushed back for December instead).  The sister of our family friend who was with us just got married was prayed for also on having children. And for my sister in law and her husband, more blessings and babies too.

During the prayer, there were giggles and “amen's!” being said so often. I also imagined them raising their hands during the prayer (but I wouldn’t know if they really did since my eyes were closed). In my head I was laughing and saying my “amen’s” as well. Then the unexpected happened. A third of the prayer that was given by my father in law was directed at me. I thought I was exempted. Everyone there wore a wedding band except me (and the baby of my sister-in-law).

My father in law prayed that whoever the person God has for me to be prepared. He also prayed that I was prepared. He prayed for hope, patience, joy, and other things that any couple should have. He prayed for many blessings for me and the relationship that I am to have. There were “amen's!”, "yes Lord!", and laughter by the group during that moment of prayer.

Honestly, I felt a bit uneasy since it was unusual for me to be prayed on (yes, I know I have friends who pray for me but I’ve never been prayed for like this hehe) but I did feel blessed. It also got me thinking.  Yes, I’m excited for the future and I do pray about it everyday. 

However, I do have my fears. Fears that my intentions may be misunderstood as cockiness or plain recklessness. Fears of rejection or the feeling of inadequacy since I’m still building my career. Fears of being ashamed to be with since I still have how many pounds (or tons) to go to hit my ideal weight and a lot of insecurities that shouldn't matter and and and... 

However, one line from a cartoon that I watched just two days ago (yes, a cartoon. But it’s an awesome cartoon) hits: “I'm just setting things up so all of you can live a comfortable life.”  That’s from Howl’s Moving Castle where he says that to his lady Sophie.

It's so awesome!!!


Setting things up… well, it will require some sacrifices. I just hope and pray that things do fall into place. Then I get comforted by

Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

But setting things up and following God’s timelines (it can be tomorrow or years from now {oh Lord please not years}) requires patience which means requires waiting. A dear friend of mine shared that in the “waiting” period, “waiting” doesn’t necessarily mean not doing anything. It means serving, like a waiter. Serve God, the church, help others, and so on. It also

Isaiah 40:31
But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.

Ok, so all my “what did I eat to get my tummy messed up” thinking evolved to something more serious.  Well, it is something to look forward to.

So…. back to the Korean restaurant and the prayer.

When we finished, my father-in-law invited me to join him for coffee and to also have his favorite ensaymada. We talked and talked and it was a good talk. He gave some challenges and said he’d be praying for me. It’s good to know that I’m not exempted from prayers that don’t seem to be applicable to me.

The thought of my funky tummy is now overpowered by the thoughtfulness of my father in law including me in the prayer, the excitement of an adventurous love that may or may not be as colorful as Howl’s but is bound to happen, assurance that all things are in God’s control, and that there is always enough to meet the day.

Ow, another highlight is I got a new staple gun! If you followed me then I had a post of how frustrated I was with my staple gun being broken. Totally off topic but I got it that same day.  :)


God bless everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...