Nov 11, 2011

Of Lanterns, wishes, and prayers

Best Blogger Tips



I did not fly a lantern today.

The thought of having a lantern with your wishes, big or small, released to the sky was a good idea that the Bancheto folks set up at the Megatent in Meralco Avenue. However there were complaints and other concerns that could arise when the lantern’s flight ends which forced the flight of the lanterns to be canceled with many folks disappointed.


11.11.11. A once in a lifetime experience to have all the digits lined up. Come to think of it, everyday is a once in a lifetime experience. Probably the thought of the numbers being the same makes everyone feel it’s more important than the others. It never really occurred to me that it should be extra special.

Thinking of what wishes to fly even without the thought of not having to get one up in the sky, I decided to pray silently instead.

I prayed for me to be an instrument of God’s peace. Just like Saint Francis. There will be times that I may be a war machine and I pray that in those times I be reminded of that I should do what is right.

I prayed for love to and for my family, friends, acquaintances and strangers. At times I am not accommodating because of experiences and biases. Forgive me if I have trespassed you in any way without me thinking it would do you harm.

I prayed for my career. Many opportunities have come: group exhibits, competitions, volunteer work, a potential one man show, and an exhibit out of the country all in 2012. It’s very exciting but I pray that it aligns to God’s will.

I prayed for God’s provision for those I care for and those who need it the most. There’s always enough to meet our needs day by day, just as how my sisters and I were taught when we were children. And we have never lacked.

I prayed for faith for all I am connected to. I have come to realize that all my success is nothing without God.

I prayed for a special someone to be in my life and that I will fall in love again and again and wake up next to and still think that her morning breath is a sweet smell.

With all this, I am reminded of the verse

Matthew 6:33 - But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

I pray that we all get to seek and put God first in all that we wish, pray, and do that gets itself in track of God's plan.
This same night, at 11:11pm, there were only a handful of lanterns that were seen floating from Ortigas.Most likely by those who didn't know it wasn't allowed or by those who ignored the cancellation.

I did not let a lantern fly, but I know God is working on my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...